Sunday, August 7, 2016

My Experience Sugar Waxing


After watching Jazzybum's video on Sugar Waxing, I decided to try it. I was excited for this because it is an all-natural alternative to waxing your legs, and I already had all of the ingredients on hand. After giving it a try, I have one things to say...

Don't do this! Ever!

Never!

It was a nightmare to make!

It was a nightmare to do!

It was a nightmare to clean!

I have never done traditionally waxing, so I don't really have anything to compare this too. However, this experience has turned me off of waxing for life. Firstly, I had much trouble cooking it. I was unsure of how long it was supposed to cook and how "brown" it was supposed to be. After cooking it several times, I worked with it and tried to wax my legs for a long while. I ended up having to reheat it several times, and eventually gave up when it essentially turned to stone in the pan.

The clean up process: To clean the tools and pan that I used, I had to use boiling water to melt the concrete mess I had created. After several repeats of that, it took lots and lots of scraping.

Did it remove any hair? - A few patches on ONE leg...

Was it worth the trauma? - Absolutely not.

This, of course, is nothing against Jazzybum! She has a totally awesome channel, and I suggest you check out some of her videos because she is quite funny.

P.S. I can say with certainty that the plastic tray she used to cool the mixture is in the garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment