Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Tuesday Thrift Finds

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

~*~

I don't have any classes on Tuesdays, so when Mom came home from work yesterday, we decided to go thrifting. At the first thrift store we went to, I found a coat for me that was half off at $2.50. I'm very picky about coats and jackets, so this was an exciting find for me. I also managed to pick up a couple of pairs of shoes. One pair was was $5 and the other was $3. I'm hoping to resell them for at least $30 each. We also found a couple of nice dish towels for Mom's sewing projects.


I found the next thrift store to be very picked over. We looked for a while, but only found a Mary Engelbreit bag that we wanted to add to our reusable shopping bag stash. I was going to check out with just the bag when I noticed a Louis Vuitton bag in the display shelf of the checkout counter. It had a $40 tag and was half off! So I paid $20 for my first Louis Vuitton find! Plus, the cashier looked at the Mary Engelbreit bag and said that an employee must have accidentally put it on the floor because they were using it to carry stuff around, and she gave it to us! This was a super thrift experience!


The last thrift store we went to was very crowded! I picked up another $5 pair of shoes similar to those in the first thrift store. I also picked up a Columbia purse, some fabric for Mom's sewing projects, and a Yankee Candle topper. Mom found this vintage Playskool Mail Box toy. As I've mentioned before, I am on a vintage toy kick right now and have been on the lookout for them. As she was shopping with the toy in her cart, she had TWO people try to get it from her. One was a man who followed her and was saying things like, "We shouldn't be buying all of this stuff. We should just put it all back." The other guy was trying to tell her that it was damaged and had parts missing. This thrift store was very crowded and the other shoppers were vulture-like!



~*~

I read a hack on Instagram that you can clean up a piece of clothing that has deodorant stains by scrubbing it with an inside out sock. I tried it on this prom dress and was very pleased with the results.

Before
After
~*~

RIP Big Kitty
2006 - 2018

~*~

"I have a masters degree in American literature. There's nothing I can't handle." - Ezra Fitz (Pretty Little Liars)

~*~

Over and out.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog post! Especially the photo of Big Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. Love all your finds and reselling!!!

    Best of luck, Janie

    ReplyDelete