Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Experience Making a Thread Box

I recently purchased a new car (Finally!), so am currently pretty low on funds. Therefore, for my mom's birthday I have been trying to come up with some good homemade gifts. One of the things I found was this origami thread box that I thought was really neat!


Things I Found:
  • The thinner the paper, the better!!! I was working with different pieces of paper that varied in thicknesses and I found the thinner pieces much easier to work with. Also, the parts that were made with the thinner paper were easier to open and close once it was finished.
  • The four little squares on the front were EXTREMELY frustrating to fold at first, but after fiddling with the first two for a while, I finally figured it out, and the last two were much easier. This is one of the reasons it is especially important when you are making something like this to crease the edges really well. I was pressing each fold down with my ruler to make crisp folds.
  • This can also be customized really easily to match someone's specific needs. I, personally, liked the way that this was laid out. I think it's really cute, but if you wanted, you could have four of the squares or two of the rectangles.
I would rank this at a 4 out of 5 difficulty level just because of the four boxes on the front. Other than that, it's really simple to make, and I think it is a great gift idea. 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment